Saturday, August 22, 2009

Feeling Better -

Some have asked and I'm sure many have guessed, and you are all correct......the past few days have been a little rough. I'm taking more pills than I've ever seen, but they seem to be working. They kept my nausea under control all week which means this week was better than last.....I think.

It's getting difficult to talk (no comments necessary) and the radiation on my neck is suddenly taking a toll. It's burned, blistered, peeling, and turning black. But just one more zap attack and then we go into full tilt healing mode. I'm hoping we can turn the corner in a couple of weeks.

People continue to amaze us. Last week while I was in the lead-lined radiation room, Faith was working a puzzle in the lobby. A woman wearing the telltale badge of a cancer fighter, the colorful scarf covering a smooth head coordinated with an equally colorful blouse, was speaking with the staff. She was having to start treatments all over again and was obviously distraught. Apparently her breast cancer was more aggressive than the doctors had originally thought.

On the way out of the Radiation Center, the same lady was standing curbside, apparently awaiting a ride. Faith was just starting to explain her plight to me as we passed. That's when the woman looked up and said to Faith, "You have a beautiful smile."

Faith cried all the way home. Okay, so we both cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment