Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dancin' and Bands -

Today we see if the new drugs are going to help. Wednesday is the typical get sick day, so......

Actually, it's time to reveal the title for this blog. From the start it seemed right, and it still feels like a good fit, but let me explain.

One of the first cards I got came from Bill and Gayle Robinson. We know Bill and Gayle mostly through our radio show and running into them at the restaurant. They also caught me by surprise at one of my early screening visits to the Huntsman Center. The meeting was purely by chance, but I digress.

The card was lovely, but what they wrote has become my motto for moving forward, my outlook on life, my motivation to do when not feeling like doing. I don't know who to credit for first saying it, but nevertheless, here it is.

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass,
But learning to dance in the rain.

It's what we've been doing since June 10th......our rain dance day. We find ways to dance in the rain. This blog has been one of those dances, hence the title, Dancin' in the Rain.

Now the blue bands have nothing to do with music or dancing. The Huntsman Center sells blue wrist bands, not unlike the yellow bands that support the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The proceeds from these blue bands support cancer research at the Huntsman. They are engraved with "A Reason to Hope".

Faith decided to bring a bunch of these blue bands home and ask people to wear them to show support and hope for my cancer fight. Well, there are now blue bands everywhere. Twenty became fifty that quickly turned into a hundred. I think at last count, she's bought two hundred blue wrist bands. The Huntsman center knows her well.......she's the woman who, by far, has bought the most bands ever. And yes, they mean a bundle to me. So if you see someone with a fat, blue rubber band on their wrist, you now know why.

Next - I don't have a clue

3 comments:

  1. Al,
    Prayed for your strength and recovery in our church services last night at the GreenRiver Bible Baptist Church.
    Keep On Keepin On

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Dancin' in the Rain". It says so much. I think you made a great choice. Of course after the rain there are always beautiful rainbows. We all wait to see yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there babe.....skidding into the finish line. Love you! Bob & Cathy

    ReplyDelete