Monday, November 16, 2009

Back to Work -

WOW! It's been a long time since I posted an entry. I would like to say time flies, but that's not the case. Improvement has been slow......but we're still improving. Not so much day to day, but more like week to week. We are eating more, even though we're not enjoying it much. We have started a strength and weight gaining program, but that too looks to be slow.

Today, however, was a big day. I went back to work full time. That means going back on the air this morning at 6 AM. I told Faith last night that I probably could have gone back a couple of weeks ago. Tonight, I'm not so sure. My voice showed the strain by the time I finished the show and it's been a long day, but boy was it good to be back. It's been five months and I was a bit rusty. (I thought originally that I'd be back in three months. Right!) Had to struggle to remember everything that needed to be done and then remember how to do it. But this community is so understanding and supportive, and we heard from many well-wishers.

Faith and I continue to marvel at the fantstic staff that covered all the bases since last June. It's another of the many blessing we have received and for which we will give much thanks next week when we all gather for our national day of Thanksgiving.

Speaking of next week, my PET Scan is scheduled for a week from today. Everything points to a high probability of getting a clean report. I feel good, and good about the scan, but I'm nervous. I don't know how you help but be a little anxious. I look forward to finally getting some results, but I want a good report Hope that's not asking too much. (I welcome your thoughts and prayers.)

One of my goals from the start was to be able to emcee the "Cowboys Against Cancer" (CAC) fundraising banquet. It was a week ago, (Nov. 7) and we met our goal. It was truly a phenominal evening. The CAC Committee is a remarkable bunch of dedicated volunteers. They set the table and we showed up for a sensastional ride. It was a record-setting attendance of 860 with an unmatched level of generosity. This giving community blew away all previous banquets by raising $325,000! It was an emotional and moving night with many people sharing and shedding many tears. Faith and I will always remember this banquet. It was a long night, but the adrenalin kept us going and in the end it was a happy tired feeling.

The next day we went to Sheridan to visit my folks......perfect timing for a great, recharging visit.

Still coming........the meaning of attitude....or......going it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment