Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finding out When? -

We met with the radiation doctor yesterday, and even though it was close to "You're looking good, make another appointment", we did learn a few things.

She said I'm right on track for how I'm healing and feeling, and that the terrible taste of food is pretty normal. She also said it takes about a month after the last radiation treatment to heal. I guess that means a couple more weeks of liquid dining. The doctor also said I was healthy, but I sure don't feel healthy. She also accused me of having an attitude. Who? Me? Faith thought it was funny. I'm not sure what I thought.

We did find out that we won't find out until the end of November if this chemo and radiation worked. That's when they do another PET scan to see if the cancer is gone.

Back in the car, I grumbled about not knowing anything till after Thanksgiving. Faith said, "Don't worry about it." I said, "What!?!?" She said, "Give it to God." She was right again.

It's out of my control, so what is there to worry about? I need to channel my energy into things I can do and areas where I can be productive.

Whoa! I think I just gave myself a little pep talk. I guess I needed one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Al for the pep talk! We can all garner something from it. Thanks Faith for knowing our earthly limits and reminding Al, there is only so much we can do, the rest is up to God. As you heal and try to get back to some semblance of normalcy, please let us know if there is a way we could help. Yes, that does include cleaning.

    We love you and pray for you all.

    The Montana Balfanys
    Gregg, Debbie and Jacob

    ReplyDelete